Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday, April 4, 2011

Today, before I took my poster to be printed, I did the final proofread and decided to add accent marks at the appropriate spots on 2 of the missions.  I also changed the letter spacing in the phrase "Please Help Now."  I changed the font of the exclamation mark in the same phrase as well.  Finally, I trimmed out my poster and gathered my typed summary sentence of my poster for tomorrow's critique.  I have enjoyed this project.

Fri/Sat/Sun, April 1/2/3, 2011

Over the weekend, I refined my computer layouts, mission drawings, and type for the poster.  I also changed the organization of my poster slightly, several different times, until I felt it was completely successful.  I am happy with the result of my poster and will definitely include it in my portfolio.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Today in class I worked on selecting images, certain perspectives, and certain cropping ideas of the images (of missions) for my poster.  Unfortunately, I had to leave class a little early to attend the DSVC conference/ studio tours in Dallas at the convention center.  Seeing the examples of work that the companies had laying out actually helped me brainstorm on my poster project.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Today I brainstormed possible ideas to give my poster an extra "weird" edge, suggested by Alan. Possibilities are termites, graffiti, melting, burning, ice, and my favorite -- foreclosure of the missions.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Today was our meeting with the visiting designer, Alan.  I got some good input on how to slightly twist my direction to make my poster more interesting and have a greater chance of grabbing someone's attention.  Suggestion from Alan: termites invade missions and they will be destroyed on X date.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Today I refined my design ideas and created some mock ups of my favorite poster concepts.

Saturday and Sunday, March 26-27, 2011

Over the weekend, I did more sketches for the meeting with Alan and began drawing different versions and styles of the missions to include on my poster.  I also developed my concept.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

I got some good input from the class today.  One of the points that was made that helped me to plan my design was how much of an impact I wanted the religious side of the missions to have on my audience.  I will take this into consideration when creating my poster.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Today I wrote the copy for my poster.  There will be a short description of the poster's purpose, the headline: "Make it your mission," a call to action (website) and an address and phone number.  The four missions will also be listed on the poster, in order that they are shown.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Today, I discussed my progress with Prof.Galyean.  We discussed my research and design ideas and what I could work on further. 

Monday, March 21, 2011

I worked some on organizing my information gathered so far.  I put the relevant information in my sketchbook and wrote a short summary of my progress and the most important research/notes I have taken to this point.