Monday, April 4, 2011
Today, before I took my poster to be printed, I did the final proofread and decided to add accent marks at the appropriate spots on 2 of the missions. I also changed the letter spacing in the phrase "Please Help Now." I changed the font of the exclamation mark in the same phrase as well. Finally, I trimmed out my poster and gathered my typed summary sentence of my poster for tomorrow's critique. I have enjoyed this project.
Over the weekend, I refined my computer layouts, mission drawings, and type for the poster. I also changed the organization of my poster slightly, several different times, until I felt it was completely successful. I am happy with the result of my poster and will definitely include it in my portfolio.
Today in class I worked on selecting images, certain perspectives, and certain cropping ideas of the images (of missions) for my poster. Unfortunately, I had to leave class a little early to attend the DSVC conference/ studio tours in Dallas at the convention center. Seeing the examples of work that the companies had laying out actually helped me brainstorm on my poster project.
Today was our meeting with the visiting designer, Alan. I got some good input on how to slightly twist my direction to make my poster more interesting and have a greater chance of grabbing someone's attention. Suggestion from Alan: termites invade missions and they will be destroyed on X date.